Sunday, October 16, 2016

Budgeting my Money AND My time

Budgeting my money and my time!

Not only do I need to budget my money this month, but i need to budget my time better to be able to blog about the changes in my life! Ive been so caught up with school and work that I havent had the chance to blog, I'm sorry I am slacking on updating, but ill try to catch you up as fast as i can! :

I am an average working girl in college. I work at the movie theater for Regal Entertainment Group and get paid every two weeks. I work about 20 hours a week and get paid $10 an hour. My paycheck can vary from 300-400 dollars every 2 weeks. I need to learn to budget that money so I don't get into financial trouble before I make the real dolla dolla bills ya'll.

My big expenses such as rent, insurance, etc. is paid for by family . I help contribute by buying groceries every week and paying my own bills such as my visa credit card. Although I got really excited when I qualified for a visa, but I need to learn to be responsible with it. This chart is an estimate of what I spend/earn and what my spending habits are:


  Weekly Spending                                               Weekly Earnings           

              
groceries              : $100                                     hours (weekly) :      20                  
gas                        : $20                                       pay  (hourly)    :      10
miscellaneous      : $40                                       Total (Weekly)      : $200
dining out            : $20                                       TOTAL (Monthly):$800       
entertainment     : $40
TOTAL (Weekly): $220                  
TOTAL (Monthly):$880


Image result for spending greater than earnings image



I spend around 220 a week, that is $880 a month! I spend $880 in one month when i only make about $600-800. Spending over my means now hasn't been a problem yet because my parents help me make ends meet but as i grow up the hard reality of taking care of myself sets in more. If i cut down random spending, I can pay my bills by myself and also put money away on the side.
My goal is to be more responsible about my own finances so my parents don't have to be.

Here is how im going to start saving! (and making it more routine!) This month Ive gone cold turkey on many things, here is a list and this is how much ill be saving if i stick to it:

Monthly Savings


Starbucks/Keva Juice : $20
Dining Out                   : $80
Entertainment             : $160
Miscellaneous              : $160
TOTAL (Monthly)      : $420

No comments:

Post a Comment