Monday, December 12, 2016

Artist Statement - Digital Story



          My digital story is based on my transition from California to New Mexico, how that affected me as a child and what I learned from it. The purpose of creating my digital story was to tell a story about how I learned to save money and where my motivation to do it came from. I composed my work in a way that it told a narrative story of the morals i learned growing up. this was to make my digital story personal. I composed my story chronically, telling the events as they happened to help depict the story.
          I chose the topic of how i learned to save money for my digital story because my 30 Day Challenge was about saving money for 30 days. My inspiration for writing my digital story was my parents and how hard they have fought for everything they own.
          I wanted my readers to understand where my desire to save money began in the first place. I connected with my audience through pathos created in childhood memories and reminiscing those memorizes. I also connected with them through logos because...who doesn't want to save money??? Telling my story through a digital story helped me distinguish the important parts of my story  to be able to add pauses to it. The digital story brought my story to life and added a person effect to the story telling that the reader couldn't have gotten from just reading the story.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment